Regularly, somebody who needs a fire quencher will purchase an ABC fire douser without really thinking about to the real fire dangers they need to ensure against. When purchasing fire dousers, you need to know a few things about quenchers to settle on an educated choice, explicitly, the fire class you need to ensure against and unique conditions you need to consider (PC hardware, for instance).
Classes of fire quenchers
With regards to fire quenchers, there are five classes of flames: A, B, C, D, and K.
- Class A – Fire quenchers appraised for Class A flames have a green triangle with “A” in the middle just as a pictogram of a trash bin and wood consuming. These quenchers are utilized to extinguish fires for normal combustibles like paper, fabric, elastic, and a few plastics (materials that leave debris when consumed, henceforth, the “A”).
- Class B – Fire quenchers evaluated for Class B fires have a red square with a “B” in the middle just as a pictogram of a gas can with a consuming puddle. These dousers are utilized to quench fires for combustible fluids like gas, greasing up oil, diesel fuel, and numerous natural solvents found in research centers (things found in barrels, subsequently “B”).
- Class C – Fire quenchers appraised for Class C flames have a blue circle with a good fire extinguisher as a pictogram of an electric attachment with a consuming outlet. These dousers are utilized to smother electrical flames for invigorated electrical gear, electric engines, circuit boards, switches, and apparatuses (“C” for flow electrical).
- Class D – Fire quenchers evaluated for Class D flames have a yellow pentagram (star) with a “D” in the middle just as a pictogram of a consuming stuff and bearing. These dousers are utilized to quench fires from metals and metal compounds like titanium, sodium, and magnesium.
- Class K – Class K fire dousers are utilized explicitly for cooking fires from oil, fat, and cooking oil (“K” for kitchen).
You can get fire dousers with a solitary class rating or different fire class appraisals (ABC or BC, for instance).
Fire smothering materials
Fire quenchers utilize various materials for smothering flames. While picking your quencher, you need to figure out what sort of fire you might be battling and afterward pick the best smothering material for your application.